I'd like to debug my SPI-sommunications (between an embedded PC and a MC9S12X, the latter as slave) .
For debugging I use a B&E BDM Multlink interface.
Is it a good idea to use FreeMaster in order to debug SPI communications, timing issues etc.?
I found very little information on how to debug a codewarrior project with FreeMaster, so I have a few questions on how to get started with FreeMaster:
- Are there any good tutorials to get started?
- Any alternatives to Freemaster?
- How to export a codewarrior project to run with Freemaster?
- Do I have to run Freemaster and Codewarrior in parallel?
- Do I need to include Freemaster commands in the C source code?
- How does FreeMaster find the variables I like to watch, which Codewarrior files to I have to load (in the Freemaster manual its stated ELF or map files, however I couldn't find any appropriate files in my Codewarrior project)