cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring the power consumption in a TWR K60 system

mkrug
Contributor II

Hi,

I am just thinking how I can measure the power consumption with the onboard possibilities of a TWR K60 system. Especially I am interested in the power consumption of the K60 on its own. So ideally I want to see its consumption without the consumption of any peripherals. As a method of simplifying it would be OK for me if I can compare different applications/algorithms relatively to each other. So the actual value in W is not what I am looking for.

So I was thinking if it is a possibility to count the clock cycles of the K60 and watch which module inside the K60 is turned on. Multiplying the number of ticks with a different factor for each module that represent its power consumption relatively to the other modules and add all these calculations. This might give me a rough idea about the consumption of different applications. For sure the calculation will not last very long because the clock will exceed the 32Bit integer calculation very fast. But if I restart it immediately again and accumulate the values of each run it might work again.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards

Markus

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Smiler
Contributor III

Hi Markus,

I noticed that when debugging with the J-LINK lite some statistics are available (can;t recall is power is one of them as I'm not in front of my dev system at the moment). Run your program and have a look at the diagnostics. I tried this on Windows 7 have a look on the task bar on the right hand side. It may be hidden too.

Cheers

Smiler.

0 Kudos