Embedded Bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded Bootloader

Diego
Contributor I

I was trying to compile the wireless uart example from the SMAC 4.1 but the codewarrior has size restrictions user program > 1024 bytes.

I was reading the SMAC user guide and there is specified:

"The boards should never have been previously programmed through a BDM Multilink

NOTE

Programming of the users ZigBee boards with a BDM Multilink erases the

Embedded Bootloader that comes already flashed in the board."

I programed the flash using a BDM Multilink, I burned a litle program to play with the leds.

Now that I want to use SMAC, what must I do? 

Must I use embedded bootloader for burn flash?

But if I cleared the embedded bootloader flashed in the board, where I can get it again?

I think that what I must do is to use the Testool from freescale, or I am wrong?

Please HELP:robotsad:

Diego

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Diego,

It is probably not a good idea to post multiple questions about essentially the same thing like this.

Please refer to my response to one of your other threads and also:

The embedded boot loader seems to be included in the tools dir of smac4.1a. I say seems as I have a P&E USB BDM tool so I haven't really looked into it.

BR Peg

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi all,

It seems not everyone appreciates my contributions:

PM from Diego:

(.cut by Mod.)

I posted the PM verbatim and let the bleeper do its work.

Peg

Moderator must remove private communication published, so Alban edited this message

Message Edited by Alban on 04-30-2006 05:30 PM

0 Kudos

alex_spotw
Contributor III
Hi Diego:

I'm not totally sure which serial bootloader comes with the SARD boards, but you can check the Application Note AN2295 and the associated software zip files, from the Freescale website, that describe a Serial Bootloader for the HCS08.

However, if you have a BMD, I suggest using the BDM from now on. It gives you more debugging capabilites, the programming is faster, and you don't have to deal with the extra step of having to send the s19 file to the board via the serial bootloader.

Let me know if you need more help
(or some help in spanish, via direct email).

Regards,

Alex
0 Kudos