I am in need of some help. I am attempting to write a serial bootloader for a K10 processor using Codewarriror 10.2. I am not using any RTOS or PE stuff. I have working application code that runs fine, but now I need to write the bootloader. I have looked at several application notes in an attempt to figure this out but have had little luck. It seems that they are either written for the IAR compiler or leave out critical info (like how to modify the bootloader's linker file, not just the application's) Here are the biggest questions I have so far:
- Linker file needs modification to fit the bootloader into the first part of flash. This means re-locating the interrupt vector table.
- Where do I move the vector table? to another area of flash?? ram?? which is best and how do I do this?? (in codwarrior with kinetis compiler)
- modify bootloader linker to limit size so it fits in the spot defined in application's linker.
- I understand that I need to limit the m_text section of memory in the linker file, do I also need to limit m_data (RAM) for the bootloader? Do I need to relocate this?? If I do, where??
- Can the bootloaders interrupt vector table remain unchanged?
- provde means to jump to application code
Please realize that this is my first foray into bootloaders and so I have far more (probably dumb) questions than answers. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.