cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on AsyncroSerial Bean with CW and HCS08 chip

Jump to solution
kc
Contributor II
I have been struggling with the AsyncroSerial bean for weeks now, trying to get it to send and receive.  I figured it was something simple that a change to the bean properties would solve.  No such luck, I don't seem to be able to send a message to another device and have it recognize it.  It may be in handshake.  I want to use the CTS/RTS handshake.

#1: What do all the settings mean for the AsyncroSerial bean?
#2: What is the preferred method of using the bean as far as waiting for tx empty and rx char avail and what can I use in a tight loop that will not disturb the interrupts that are happening so much that everything gets delayed on the chip?
#3: Are the input/output buffers on the bean handle ReadChar/SendChar or are they strickly for the Send/RecvBlock?
#4: If I don't service the interupt when I enable interupt I/O in the bean do the Read/SendChar functions still work?

As you can tell, I have had such a variety of problems that I am questioning some of the basic things the bean should do.  Any help or points to documents that fill in the missing information would be great.  I simple read/receive routine would also be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Kevin
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

Please see AsynchroSerial bean help to find answers for most of your questions.

On Properties page you can find all properties, parameters, how to configure the bean. On Methods page and Events page you can find short description to each methods and events with all parameters. On Typical Usage page you can find seven examples demonstrating usage of this bean (e.g. with or without interrupts).

Also generated code of all methods and events is commented.

Best Regards, Processor Expert Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

Please see AsynchroSerial bean help to find answers for most of your questions.

On Properties page you can find all properties, parameters, how to configure the bean. On Methods page and Events page you can find short description to each methods and events with all parameters. On Typical Usage page you can find seven examples demonstrating usage of this bean (e.g. with or without interrupts).

Also generated code of all methods and events is commented.

Best Regards, Processor Expert Support

0 Kudos