How to Add USB MSD Host Functionality to an Existing MQX 3.7 Application?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Add USB MSD Host Functionality to an Existing MQX 3.7 Application?

Jump to solution
Vagni
Contributor IV

In the last months I developed my first K60-based MQX 3.7 application on my custom board with CW 10.2.

I cloned the bsp_twrk60n512_pe library for TWR-K60N512 kit in my custom BSP, adding other Processor Expert embedded components to have all the low-level drivers for the needed K60 internal peripherals.

My custom board also features a USB Host port; I used this communication port only to upgrade my application firmware, through the USB MSD Host Bootloader derived from AN4368. Till now, I have both the bootloader and my application firmware working properly on my board.

Now I have to add USB MSD Host functionality also to my application firmware. So I cloned USB_Host and MFS libraries for my board without any changes to the source files and I added a new USB task to my application to handle the attach/detach events of a memory stick and to mount/unmount the file system on it, like your mfs_usb example code does.

I got all the libraries (BSP, PSP, MSF, USB_Host) and my application re-compiled as well.

But no attach/detach event is detected by my USB task when I connect/disconnect a memory stick.

Should I add some other configuration settings in my user_config.h file for the new MSF and USB_Host libraries I link to my application?

Maybe the BSP version with Processor Expert I use has to be modified to get USB work properly? I didn’t add the Processor Expert embedded component for USB and the system clock on my board is set in the same way as in the TWR-K60N512 kit (50Mhz external oscillator).

With the debugger I see the _usb_khci_isr() USB interrupt handler is properly installed, but no USB interrupt is generated when I connect/disconnect a memory stick. The KHCI task is always in blocked state on a LW event. So my USB task is always in blocked state on a LWMSGQ event.

Can you help me to get my USB MSD Host function to work preperly?

Please, see my USB task in the attached USBhdl.c source file and my user_config.h and TB2.h BSP header files ("TB2" is my board's name).

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vagni
Contributor IV

I ported my application to MQX 3.8.1: with that version for USB_Host and MFS libraries my application is now working properly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mrupp_viatechno
Contributor III

I have a similar problem.  Were you able to solve yours?

0 Kudos
Vagni
Contributor IV

I ported my application to MQX 3.8.1: with that version for USB_Host and MFS libraries my application is now working properly.

0 Kudos