PE with MQX for k20dx256VL10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE with MQX for k20dx256VL10

Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

We have an in house board with the k20d256z 100hz processor. We can build an empty project with just mqx, or an empty project with just PE but we can't build a working project with MQX and PE. We have mqx 3.8.1, cw 10.2.

To generate an MQX project that contains PE, we have to use the BSP with PE enabled which is the bsp_twrk20d70m that ships with mqx 3.8.1. We can generate a blank project but when it loads the code traps somewhere in mqx. It does not do this for the non PE version. We think this is because there is some change that has to be done to the generated bsp_init.c or other code to account for the processor difference.

We were told by support that the k20d72m code base should work on our k20dx256z processor. But it does not.

Does anyone have a way to build a project for this processor. We also can't get the pe_demo programs to build without errors; for example the pe_demo_twrk40x256, has two fatal errors for directives.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

regarding pe_demo_twr40x256 - this is strange. I'm able to compile the project succesfully. I just got memory overflow, when I was initially building Internal RAM target, so I had to set "Build Configurations > Set Active > Int Flash Debug using the Project pop-up menu.

You should also build the MQX projects at their default location (uncheck "copy projects into workspace" in the import dialog when you import a project into workspace.

Do you have installed the CodeWarrior 10.2 update ? It should be istalled for mqx3.8.1 to work properly.

Regarding k20dx256, I was informed that more similar should be the k40dx256 that is supported within the BSPs, I recommend to try that.

best regards
Petr Hradsky
Processor Expert Support Team