Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID Control using Coldfire V1

Jump to solution
MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi there

Has anyone experience in developing a PID controller using a coldfire V1 device like the MCF51JM128...?

Is there anything "off the shelf" available...?

Thanks

MW 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi MW,

have a look at PID with Processor Expert.

This is right now for a DC motor (PWM and DIR signals) and using a quadrature encoder.

It probably does not match what you have to control, but maybe gives you an idea.

The PID is using integers (floating point would have been an overkill for my S08).

In any case you could either take the generated source code, or change the component(s).

The above article has links to the download page(s) as well.

Hope this helps,

BK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have developed a PID controller as Processor Expert component (using integral numbers).

If this is of interest, I could publish it.

It was used to control a DC motor using a quadrature encoder as input, and having a PWM signal as output.

I have it running on S08, ColdFire V1 and V2, but as Processor Expert component it is universal.

BK

0 Kudos
MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi BK

Having a processor expert component that is a PID control function sounds interesting.

Thanks for your help

MW

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi MW,

have a look at PID with Processor Expert.

This is right now for a DC motor (PWM and DIR signals) and using a quadrature encoder.

It probably does not match what you have to control, but maybe gives you an idea.

The PID is using integers (floating point would have been an overkill for my S08).

In any case you could either take the generated source code, or change the component(s).

The above article has links to the download page(s) as well.

Hope this helps,

BK

0 Kudos
Tommy_Liu
Contributor II

Dear Eirch,

Could you give me a example project of PID, your post just some text, don't had project:smileyhappy:

Many many thanks.

0 Kudos