Watchdog timeout prevents erasing flash

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog timeout prevents erasing flash

kaflick
Contributor I

I loaded a version of software for our 52258 based system that had a 2 second watchdog timeout.  Now I can't erase the flash to download a new version from codewarrior because it times out in the middle of the erase and resets.  How do I prevent this from happening?

Keith Flick

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Thats odd, because I thoght that the IDE resets the mcu, loads a program into ram using the BDM  and uses that to do stuff.

Explain how you are doing this...

0 Kudos

kaflick
Contributor I

That is what I thought too.  I start codwarrior, the pod is attached to my system and I go to the tools menu as usual.

I load the settings and try to erase flash.  It downloads the flash program, says running and about 2 seconds later the board resets (I hear the power relay click) and my initialize led flashes and it goes to system clock checking and stays there forever.

If I hit cancel and then erase again it says erasing, resets again in about 2 seconds and stays at erasing forever.

This can be repeated for 4 or 5 times and then codewarrior locks up and I have to kill it and restart.

I thought with the debug pod on all of the stuff like the watch was disabled.

0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III

You might try PE Support, I have had excellent results with them.

0 Kudos

kaflick
Contributor I

I unplugged and replaced the pod and re-started codewarrior (for the fifth time) and it just started working.

0 Kudos

kaflick
Contributor I

I forgot to add I am using the P&E USB debugging pod and version 7.2.2 Codewarrior.

0 Kudos