Carl Norman

GS1011 issue on tower

Discussion created by Carl Norman on Jun 28, 2012
Latest reply on May 23, 2014 by Jonathan Whyatt

Hi all,

I have just installed and updated CW 10.2 on my XP 32bit VM, installed and running

Downloaded MQX 3.7 and the 3.7 gain span patch

Rebuilt the debug version of tower PSP, BSP and RTCS

Built the debug version of the tower gttpsrv_twrmcf52259

Ran on the tower and get the following consol output (mind you I moved the default IO to ttya, but this should not matter).

---------------------------------------------------------CONSOL---------------------------------------------------------

adc device opened
adc: device opened
SPI clock mode:0
SPI baud rate:1000000 Hz
GPIO ISR attached...
SPI init success
Starting GS SPI link synchronization..
GS SPI link up.

ERROR: GS response buffer overflow

NOTE: THIS GOES ON FOR EVER

---------------------------------------------------------CONSOL---------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if it matters, but if I ctrl+click "ENET_initialize" in the demo code, it wont follow the link back to RTCS/BSP etc... Wish I could fix this as debugging is a total nightmare, I cant see the problem why it cant follow, some path or something is wrong somehwere. It also couldnt find defines in the user_config.h for MQX and was dropping errors about "BSP_DEFAULT_IO_CHANNEL_DEFINED" which I defined in the user_config.h... I would think that this would all work 'out of the box'. Seems we will have problems with Demo's not working out of the box, paths breaking and projects just generally having problems.

Any idea's? How do I debug and track down problems with the demo?

Outcomes