Did you mean: 

Low power features are not available in initial version of K60 P3 BSP

Jump to solution
keithtang
Contributor IV

I have the following lines in twrk60f120m.h

#ifdef MQX_ENABLE_LOW_POWER
#if MQX_ENABLE_LOW_POWER
    #error Low power features are not available in initial version of K60 P3 BSP
#endif
#else
    #define MQX_ENABLE_LOW_POWER                0
#endif

They, however, do not appear in twrk60n512.h.

I am wondering if MQX_ENABLE_LOW_POWER is supported in twrk60f120m, or in general K60 series.

In addition, what does "P3" mean in "K60 P3 BSP" above?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello keith,

there had to go something wrong during your MQX installation. I am referring also to the PSP problem you have. There could be situation where you have read only files and installation does not overwrite those files. I would recommend clean install.

I installed MQX 3.8.1 and your problems with Low power and PSP were not confirmed.

Regards,

MartinK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PetrL
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

you are right. The message is really misleading - the P3 was code name for K60F.. 

We were releasing the MQX 3.8.0 very early after to K60F was available, so we were not able to make full support of all features MQX.  One of them was the low power . The next version of K60F BSP is planned for MQX 3.8.1 which should be released by the end of July.

Petr

0 Kudos
keithtang
Contributor IV

Petr,

Any updates on the low power features? Area they available in MQX3.8.1? I checked the latest twrk60f120m.h  file and found it is still set to 0.

Please let me know if you have plan to enable the low power feature in the near future, so I can activate my plan B. Thanks.

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello keith tang,

low power feature in twrk60f120m is available in MQX 3.8.1.

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos
keithtang
Contributor IV

Hello MartinK,

But why am I still seeing the following lines in this file:

C:\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.8\mqx\source\bsp\twrk60f120m\twrk60f120m.h

#ifdef MQX_ENABLE_LOW_POWER
#if MQX_ENABLE_LOW_POWER
    #error Low power features are not available in initial version of K60 P3 BSP
#endif
#else
    #define MQX_ENABLE_LOW_POWER                0
#endif

#ifndef BSPCFG_HAS_SRAM_POOL
    #define BSPCFG_HAS_SRAM_POOL                1
#endif

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello keith,

there had to go something wrong during your MQX installation. I am referring also to the PSP problem you have. There could be situation where you have read only files and installation does not overwrite those files. I would recommend clean install.

I installed MQX 3.8.1 and your problems with Low power and PSP were not confirmed.

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos
keithtang
Contributor IV

Hello MartinK,

Thanks. Both my problems are solved at once, appreciated.

Apparently I let the new installation overlaid my previous installation, that may be the root cause of these errors.

Incidentally, I like the new GUI when opening the user_config.h file. :smileywink:

0 Kudos
keithtang
Contributor IV

Just to add one observation:

In the psp_twrk60f120m project, under PSP Cortex source folder, the file cache.c was not originally added, causing linking error at the bsp_twrk60f120m and lowpower_twrk60f120m projects, as they are looking for _DCACHE_ENABLE() etc functions.

I am not sure if this is the legacy bug from the previous installation, just to share.

0 Kudos