Cory schwarzmiller

Code Warrior for MCU V10.2 (Eclipse) - Import Export Issues

Discussion created by Cory schwarzmiller on Jun 21, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2012 by Cory schwarzmiller

I have a question that I could really use some help with. I have tried to use the import/export procedure to import and export projects between two installations of Codewarrior for MCU V10.2 (Eclipse) on different computers (both windows). When I clean and rebuild the project on the pc I transfer the project to, it will only build the last configuration that was used (FLASH OR RAM). I develop by using RAM most of the time, then deploy by programming to the FLASH, so I really need these two configurations. When I try to build the nonworking of the two configs, I get the following error (for example):

E:\\CW MCU v10.2\\gnu\\bin\\mingw32-make -j16 all
mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `../Project_Settings/Linker_Files/MCF52259_Internal_Flash.lcf\’, needed by `PATH_PLAYER_6_20_12.elf\’. Stop.

The one workaround I have is to build the other config on the other PC and copy to file ”MCF52259_Internal_Flash.lcf” or ”MCF52259_Internal_Ram.lcf” (depending upon which one it’s missing) to the ”/Project_Settings/Linker_Files/” folder on the PC I’ve transferred the project to. That said, this is obviously not the proper way to do this; After all, isn't that what built in import/export functionality is for? Has anyone else had luck building the ”other” configuration once you’ve moved the file?

Thank You,

Cory

Outcomes