Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QorIQ Configurations Suite: Version control / Import questions

Jump to solution
DavidA2012
Contributor III

Hi

A colleague has created a QCS project and used the DPAA Graphing Tool to create a DPAA configuration.  Here are the project's directory contents:

MyProj_DPAA/

├── .cproject

├── .cwGeneratedFileSetLog

├── Documentation

│   ├── ProcessorExpert_Settings.previous.xml

│   ├── ProcessorExpert_Settings.xml

│   ├── ProcessorExpert_SIGNALS.txt

│   └── ProcessorExpert.txt

├── Generated_Code

│   └── DPAA1

│       ├── dpc_struct.h

│       ├── fmc_config.c

│       ├── fmc_config.xml

│       ├── fmc_dpc.xml

│       ├── fmc_pcd.xml

│       └── .log.txt

├── .ProcessorExpert.g_c

├── .ProcessorExpert.g_x

├── ProcessorExpert.pe

├── .project

├── .settings

│      └── com.processorexpert.core.ide.newprojectwizard.prefs

└── Sources    

└── DPAA1_SWParser.xml

I have two questions:

1) I want to store this project in Subversion. Which files do I need to version control?  (For a C/C++ Eclipse project I would version control .project, .cproject and the source files).

2) How can I import this project into my own workspace?

Best regards

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

ad 1) It depends if you want to version also the generated output files. However, minimum files for QCS tools project re-generation are  ProcessorExpert.pe and "Sources" directory with content. You need also eclipse project files, I'm not sure what are all of them (.project, .cproject etc.)

You can delete Documentation, Generated_Code and .ProcessorExpert.g* and these files will automatically be re-gerated after new code generation.

ad 2) You can use a menu command File > Import... , select General / Existing project into Workspace..., then select root directory of the project or archive file.

best regards
Petr Hradsky
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

ad 1) It depends if you want to version also the generated output files. However, minimum files for QCS tools project re-generation are  ProcessorExpert.pe and "Sources" directory with content. You need also eclipse project files, I'm not sure what are all of them (.project, .cproject etc.)

You can delete Documentation, Generated_Code and .ProcessorExpert.g* and these files will automatically be re-gerated after new code generation.

ad 2) You can use a menu command File > Import... , select General / Existing project into Workspace..., then select root directory of the project or archive file.

best regards
Petr Hradsky
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos