UART port on TWR-K60F120M and TWR-SER

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART port on TWR-K60F120M and TWR-SER

keithtang
Contributor IV

This is just a feedback, you can't do much now.

I find it quite useless to have the RS232/485 port on the TWR-SER board wired to the OBDM port of the TWR-K60F120M board. I basically cannot use the UART port for other purposes but debugging, unless I turn off the debugging feature. I feel it should be jumper-selectable so users can connect the RS232 terminal to other UART port for application development.

This is just a feedback, you can't do much now.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

lisa_tx
Contributor III

I guess that you can write to it, but you can't read from it. 

0 Kudos

keithtang
Contributor IV

Well... I really feel like cutting the track and solder it to another UART pins...

0 Kudos

lisa_tx
Contributor III

Keith,

You are right! This is what I plan to do. Cutting the connection between RS-232/RS-485 and connect the connection to another UART channel. I haven't found a good way to do it yet. Please follow up here if you have done it. Thanks!

PS: If you only want to prove your UART application firmware working, you can live with current connection. Anything you write to UART5, it will be sent to P&E Terminal Window as well as RS-232/RS-485 connector (if you connect RS-232/RS-485 to PC, you can check it with HyperTerminal). But you can't read back from RS-232/RS-485 through UART5, you have to read back from P&E Terminal Window through USB to UART5. 

Lisa

0 Kudos

keithtang
Contributor IV

No, Lisa. I haven't had time to look into cutting it yet.. I think I am going to leave it alone for now..

0 Kudos