Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QorIQ Configuration Suite frequently crashes

Jump to solution
DavidA2012
Contributor III

Hi

We are running 'CodeWarrior for PA 10.1.1'  with 'QorIQ Configuration Suite 2.2.0' on a Ubuntu 10.04 LTS VM with 3GB RAM. 

When using the 'DPAA Graphing Tool' we find that the tool frequently crashes, i.e. becomes unresponsive.  There are no errors on the console.

Is this typical?

Best regards

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidA2012
Contributor III

Thanks very much for your reply.  I have now increased the memory setting as you suggested.  If the crashes happen again I will post here the messages from the .log file.

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PetrZeman
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

I'm a member of team that is developing QorIQ Configuration Suite but I can't confirm it is typical without having more details. Did you check also a .log file in your workspace if there's not any errors related to this problem?

Generally we noticed similar problems in some cases where not enough memory was available to running eclipse based CodeWarrior, especially DPAA tool can be very addicted on memory.

Please, try to check your cwide.ini for setting of MaxPermSize value, default value here is 128m which may not be enough for many DPAA configuration.

Try to set this:

-XX:MaxPermSize=512m

If this little tweak will not help you, could you please send us your project for further analysis?

Best regards,

Petr Zeman

QorIQ Configuration Suite Development Team

0 Kudos
DavidA2012
Contributor III

Thanks very much for your reply.  I have now increased the memory setting as you suggested.  If the crashes happen again I will post here the messages from the .log file.

David

0 Kudos