Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker load address

Jump to solution
Bob4831
Contributor I

Hi All,

I modified one of the cookbook designs (ADC_SW_scan_flash) that came with my MPC5604B demo board, then flashed it via the PE Micro Multlink Universal into my MPC5605B target product.  That worked very well!  But…  the cookbook code loads at 0x20000.  My target needs me to load at 0x21000.  I tinkered with the linker’s .lcf file…

MEMORY

{

internal_flash:       org = 0x00021000,   len = 0x00060000     // was org 0x20000

..and that changed my start address, but not the load address. 

I must be twisting the wrong knob.

Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bob4831,

If you are moving the main flash block (e.g. internal_flash in case of a cookbook example) you shall update ROM Image address + RAM buffer address. (these two addresses must match together for most flash loader - RAM buffer is not used) 

See attached screenshots where to find these settings in Classic nad Eclipse CW . In case you are using the CW compiler form the command line please use the options below:

-rambuffer 0x21000

-romaddr 0x21000

For more information about this topic I'd suggest you to see the Power Architecture Build Tools Reference Manual ("<CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx 2.9>\Help\PDF\Power Architecture Build Tools Reference.pdf" ), section "Building a ROM Image"

Stanish

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bob4831,

If you are moving the main flash block (e.g. internal_flash in case of a cookbook example) you shall update ROM Image address + RAM buffer address. (these two addresses must match together for most flash loader - RAM buffer is not used) 

See attached screenshots where to find these settings in Classic nad Eclipse CW . In case you are using the CW compiler form the command line please use the options below:

-rambuffer 0x21000

-romaddr 0x21000

For more information about this topic I'd suggest you to see the Power Architecture Build Tools Reference Manual ("<CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx 2.9>\Help\PDF\Power Architecture Build Tools Reference.pdf" ), section "Building a ROM Image"

Stanish

0 Kudos