CDE is now on the web

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDE is now on the web

jimtrudeau
Senior Contributor I

Check out the new Component Development Environment, available here: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=PE_CDE&tid=PEH

There is a free community edition, so it costs you nothing (unless you want to sell components). Even better, if you have CodeWarrior installed, it’s already integrated. (File->New->Embedded Component). Or you can download an Eclipse plugin and use it independently. 

You can create your own Processor Expert components for fun and frolic. You can get a lot of example components and information at http://www.steinerberg.com/EmbeddedComponents/

Have fun!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies

ivekengineer
Contributor III

I have CodeWarrior 10.3, MCU special installed.  When I try to File->New->Embedded Component Project, I get an error: Error initializing Component Development Environment "A valid Component Development Environment License was not found."

Is there a way to install the Community Edition license into 10.3 special?

0 Kudos

ivekengineer
Contributor III

The WIKI helped me get the community edition license working for me with the 10.3 MCU Special Edition.

It appears that the CodeWarrior DSP C Compiler is not available as an option when creating a new Embedded Component?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, true. I recommend to select 'Any' unless your component is only for the DSC compiler? Instead marking things just for a specific compiler, you can  check the compiler within your component code.

See CDE Hacking: Processor and Compiler | MCU on Eclipse how to do this.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This GitHub repository/wiki might help you getting started with component development and MCU10.3.

0 Kudos

ivekengineer
Contributor III

When you say in your WIKI that components may not be used for commercial purposes, I assume you mean that the source components themselves may not be sold, correct?  But the compiled executable code may be used inside of a commercial device, correct?

I can't seem to find a link to the actual Community Edition license (not the .dat  file), which would give the legal information on this - but I seem to remember reading somewhere that it is an LPGL type of license?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You get the full blown CDE licensing agreement, if you install the 'standalone' version of CDE. Basically with the community edition license you cannot sell the components you create, but there is nothing in the agreement which prevents you to use the generated code in a product. And you are only allowed to create components for Freescale parts.

0 Kudos

StephenLau
Contributor I

Hi,

Currently, I am using PE and CW 10.3 beta to develop Kinetis KL15, and right now using Freedom KL25 board for development.

I could not find the CDE perspective in CW 10.3, and could not find from the "install software" inside too.

Is it related to I am using a trial version? Or any infromation I have missed?

Thanks for help!

Best Regards'

Stephen Lau

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

simply use the menu File > New > Embedded Component Project. This will create a CDE project for you.

Erich

0 Kudos

StephenLau
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried your suggestion and the project looks like this,

Component Perspective.png

Is it already the Embedded Component Perspective in CW 10.3 environment?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards'

Stephen Lau

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,,

yes, these are the views you need (a perspective is just a set of views).

Erich

0 Kudos

StephenLau
Contributor I

HI Erich,

I have another problem with the Component Development,

I want to make my component using the Serial UART LDD and I consult the component project "FSShell". But I have the following problem depicted in the picture below,

CDEproblem.png

I could not find my component interface name IntCon\SerialLDD from the "InterfaceName" pull-down box, but I could find it in the FSShel project, FSShell\SerialLDD. And, the the FSShell project, the SerialLDD.int is in Bean\FSShell directory and it is generated by "Component Wizard". But I could not find the "Component Wizard" in the CW 10.3 beta UI.

Anything I missed in my procedure?

I need your help again. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards'

Stephen Lau

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Stephen,

I used the Component Wizard which is part of MCU10.2 (it does not exist any more in 10.3).

But it is possible to copy it from 10.2 and have it in 10.3 as well.

Erich

0 Kudos

StephenLau
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

I really appreciate your prompt reply. Thank you very much!

I'm sorry I'm not family with Eclipse, so could you give me some hints how to copy from 10.2? Do I need to install the 10.2 first? Copy what to 10.3?

Once again, thank you very much.

Best Regards'

Stephen Lau

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

yes, you need 10.2 installed first.

then copy following files/directories into the same place inside 10.3:

- MCU\ProcessorExpert\BeanWizard.exe

- MCU\ProcessorExpert\DOCs\!BWHelp.*

- MCU\ProcessorExpert\config\bw\*.*

Erich

0 Kudos

StephenLau
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

Thanks for your help. I would try this tomorrow in office.

Thanks,

Stephen Lau

0 Kudos

StephenLau
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

OK. Thanks for your clarification.

Best Regards'

Stephen Lau

0 Kudos