Failed to resume target process., Download using 3rd party component...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to resume target process., Download using 3rd party component...

Jump to solution
cab
Contributor III

CW10.2 MC9S08LG32 Win7x64

Fresh install of CW10.2.  New project using bareboard and adding source files.  After build I used Run->Debug Configurations and got this message:

• Problem Occurred
    'Launching MASTER_MC9S08LG32_PnE U-Multilink' has
    encountered a problem...

Failed to resume target Process., Download using 3rd
    party component..
    [<<Details]

And the details just repeat the error message.  I cannot fathom how to address this error--CW was freshly installed, I did nothing but create a bareboard project, Build, and then Run->DebugConfiguration->[MASTER_MC9S08LG32_PnE U-Multilink]->Debug.  It started the process for awhile, then the error message.  This has occurred before, just prior to my fresh install, and I thought the fresh install would fix it as it has fixed my many Java NullPointerExceptions, as documented in my longish NullPointerException post.

I am stumped how to recover--is the 3rd-party component on the internet somewhere--supposed to be on my windows system? Do I have a system which CW10.2 does not work on? I saw no error messages when I installed CW for the nth time--it does not appear that re-installing is going to work.

If anybody has a suggestion, it would be much appreciated. 

-Cab-

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
cab
Contributor III

My fault.  I had two isr's assigned to the same interrupt vector.

I suppose the build doesn't catch that error and left the "3rd party component" -- whatever that is -- with an impossible task. Is that it?  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
cab
Contributor III

Well, I have two projects in workspace500 -- MASTER and SLAVE.  The SLAVE project downloaded okay, but the MASTER did not when I went back to it.  These were both built from bareboard and they are almost alike--one is the master and the other the slave on an IIC bus.  I will try to see if I can spot some feature that might explain things--I just wanted to get this reply out in case it helps anyone interested.

-Cab-

0 Kudos
cab
Contributor III

So I tried downloading the MASTER code into the SLAVE processor--that must be it, something wrong with the MASTER hardware--but no, the MASTER program won't download anywhere--I got the original "Failed to resume target process."

- Alas, but at least I didn't break the customer hardware.

0 Kudos
cab
Contributor III

My fault.  I had two isr's assigned to the same interrupt vector.

I suppose the build doesn't catch that error and left the "3rd party component" -- whatever that is -- with an impossible task. Is that it?  

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the "3rd party component" is the P&E library (3rd Party of Freescale).

Looks you were running into this problem:

http://mcuoneclipse.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/problem-occurred-flash-programming-with-overlapping-mem...

I really wish there would be a better error message.

But as you had assigned two interrupt vectors for the same memory location, this was causing an overlap. My guess and thinking.

Sorry, I did not think about this the first time.

BK

0 Kudos
cab
Contributor III

Ahh, I had those warnings disabled as well.  Very useful post,.  Thank you.

0 Kudos