cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's raw_flashimage.bin for ar4100?

Jump to solution
jamezhou
Contributor I

hi:i downloaded the MFG_Files&Docs for ar4100,but i can't found any information for the raw_flashimage.bin? what's it should be used to do? 

Now, i want to flash fash.opt to ar4100,i run the host.exe on pc, the cmd is stop at "file size..i never saw the "program.."

why?

is it necessay to flash the raw_flashimage.bin to the spi flash for ar4100 before flash the flashopt.bin to ar4100?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks to Luca for pointing out the PDF to read.

Basically it is a complex method to update the AR4100 MAC address.

I believe doing this will allow the AR4100 card to have a production unique MAC address that you provide.  But since this is a Tower kit for testing it is only a reference for how you might update your product.

For running the MQX demo's this step is not needed as MQX will provide a temp MAC address to use.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks to Luca for pointing out the PDF to read.

Basically it is a complex method to update the AR4100 MAC address.

I believe doing this will allow the AR4100 card to have a production unique MAC address that you provide.  But since this is a Tower kit for testing it is only a reference for how you might update your product.

For running the MQX demo's this step is not needed as MQX will provide a temp MAC address to use.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
GottiLuca
Contributor IV

Dear Mr. jamezhou,

If you read the document Programming_AR4100_SIP_on_the_Freescale_Tower_AppNote_Freescale.pdf in the "MFG_Files&Docs" folder, you shoud read that the simplest thing to program the AR4100 MAC address and the SPI flash connected to AR4100 is to run host.exe and have the file flashopt.bin in the same directory of the host.exe file ..

Pls refer to paragraph 2.3 of the attached document . I also suggest you to carefully read all this document ...

jamezhou
Contributor I

thanks for your remind.but i already put host.exe and flashopt.bin in the same directory. and i ready the manual many times,but i can't find any problem,can you tell me what's step is wrong for me?thanks

0 Kudos