cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMAC and HCS12

kaiki
Contributor I
Hi,
Has anyone ported the SMAC library to drive MC1319x radios, to the HCS12 processors?
has anyone investigated what it takes to do this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

EMontanez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
kaiki,

I'm not sure if you got all your questions answered.....but I saw an SMAC 4.1 port for both HCS08 and HCS12 devices on the Freescale website so I thought I would copy the link on here. Maybe it will be of some help.

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=SMAC4_1A&prodCode=MC13193&nodeId=01J4Fs86282565816...
0 Kudos

alex_spotw
Contributor III
Hi Kaiki:

We did ported the SMAC to the MC13192 Zigbee transceiver for a HCS12 processor. Other than minor changes for register names (SPI module), the port was not difficult at all.

However, IMO the SMAC code quality is not very high, because relies on reentrant interrupts that are very delicate to balance, and could lead to deadlocks and data corruption, if the code around the SMAC is not careful enough.

So, 'caveat emptor' (buyer beware....)

Regards,
Alex
0 Kudos

kaiki
Contributor I
Thanks alex,
Hmm.. are you referring the problems with the smac while in the HCS08 or on the HCS12 (or generally in both?)

Do you maybe have a list of snafus you typically run into?

So while running on the HCS12, would you switch the micro to around 8Mhz while working on SMAC like it does on the 08?
0 Kudos

alex_spotw
Contributor III
HI Kaiki:

The problems were in both because we used the same code running in both platforms.

I don't see a need to change frequencies. The MC13192 has its own clock, and only interfaces the MCU via the SPI, so the MCU frequency is not important.

The main issue is the reentrant interrupt that the SMAC code uses to change modes, etc. So you have to be careful when you receive a packet, so that you don't overwrite it with another packet.

Regards,

Alex
0 Kudos