AW60 RTI with external crystal - does it work ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AW60 RTI with external crystal - does it work ?

Caligold
Contributor I
Does anyone have any experience in getting the RTI to work with the external crystal (32k specifically) on the AW60?

We can't seem to get the AW60's RTI create any periodic interrupts with the external crystal, the internal clock source seems to work. I'm using CW5. Any response yae or ney would be helpful.

Thanks in advance...
Sundar
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alex_spotw
Contributor III
Hi:

Do you have the External Clock available and active, as the datasheet specifies?

Which divider are you using (this will set up the interrupt timing)?

Are you in run mode or wait, or stop modes?

Regards,

Alex
0 Kudos

Caligold
Contributor I

Hi Alex,

Yes, I do have an external crystal (32.768k) and it is set active. The prescalar (divider) is set to 16384 to get a 500ms interrupt. I am in run mode.

Neither any of the FAEs or anyone I know can get it to work on any board. I would like to know if there are any secrets or if anyone has got it to work yet !!

Have you used the AW60's RTI ? I can get the GB60's RTI to work without much of a problem...

Thanks,

Sundar

0 Kudos

alex_spotw
Contributor III
Hi Sundar:

I have a GT60 running the RTI from the External Clock in run mode, no problem. However, in the GT60, it does not run from the Internal Clock in Run mode.

I don't have access to a AW60 to verify it is not running from the external clock, though.

Did you check the erratas for the AW60 mask that you're using? It might be that it doesn't run from the External Clock due to a problem in the mask.

Regards,

Alex R.

Message Edited by alex_spotw on 03-02-200609:44 AM

0 Kudos