cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior 10.2 Performance

mjosborne
Contributor II

Hi all,

I work for an organization that has been using CodeWarrior for quite some time.  Some of our projects still use 7.1 and 7.2, but we are slowly conveting our 'classic' projects to new Eclipse projects. 

Some developers are just now moving from 7.x to 10.2, and they are providing feedback that 10.2 is much slower for them than 7.x.

My experience with CodeWarrior 7.x was in the context of a 32-bit Windows XP VMWare image on my 64-bit Windows 7 PC, and I also notice that building the 'new' Eclipse projects does take a little longer than it did for the 'classic' projects.

Despite the fact that all of the PCs meet the system requirements for 10.2, the developers with 32-bit XP machines are reporting build times 2-3x what I see on my 64-bit Windows 7 PC.

The biggest question that is being raised is what version of Java (32 vs 64 bit, most of use have version 1.6.0_30-32) should be used with 10.2, and what does Eclipse want to run on - a 32 or 64 bit machine?

Any help or tips to improve performance would be great!

Thanks,

Matt.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Cannot comment on your build time issue, but the CW installer actually installs its own VM, at least on windows.

And it is a 32 bit VM.

Daniel

0 Kudos

mjosborne
Contributor II

Just to clarify that the builds are slower right out of the box, not after an extended period of time working with the project...

i.e. http://blogs.freescale.com/2011/11/10/codewarrior-tool-tip-1-improve-performance-by-cleaning-house-i...

0 Kudos

mjosborne
Contributor II

Maybe I should have phrased the question differently...

Is there any requirement for a certain version of Java on Windows machines running CW 10.2, and are there any inherent performance limitations on 32-bit machines?

0 Kudos