cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60N512 Programming Issue

Jump to solution
Ben_G
Contributor I

I'm currently getting started with using the freescale TWR-K60N512 and running CDC USB device example code for the USB stack v3.2.  I have successfully programmed the TWR with several example projects and also modified the CDC USB device project to add features like blinking the TWR LEDs on command.  I keep having a reoccurring issue where I am unable to flash my TWR-K60N512 with the attached error message reading "Error executing task k60DN512Z. File not found."  I have made attempts at re-pointing to the k60dn512z XML file, and have copied it to the local project directory and pointed the flash configuration to it there, both unsuccessfully.  I have tried importing it as a Target Task, and have also tried creating a new Target Task. I am not sure exactly what I am doing that breaks the configuration, but I cannot seem to remedy the situation without re installing the driver stack and starting from scratch.  I'm sure this is something simple but I haven't been able to figure it out and would greatly appreciate any help on this issue.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

ok, I think the problem is that the provided projects for Kinetis are wrong :smileysad:.

See your debug configuration (attached screenshot target task*.png):

looks it references a target task to flash the device. This target task is not required e.g. for OSBDM or P&E: the probe can flash things directly.

See the settings in 'correct.png' screenshot: change it to this and you should be fine.

hope this helps,

BK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

ok, I think the problem is that the provided projects for Kinetis are wrong :smileysad:.

See your debug configuration (attached screenshot target task*.png):

looks it references a target task to flash the device. This target task is not required e.g. for OSBDM or P&E: the probe can flash things directly.

See the settings in 'correct.png' screenshot: change it to this and you should be fine.

hope this helps,

BK

0 Kudos
Ben_G
Contributor I

Got it all figured out!  Your reply along with another reply to a different post yours helped me tremendously.  I had that extra target task and also my initialization target and memory configuration were set incorrectly. Not exactly sure how they got that way but I have a much better understanding of codewarrior now.  Thank you.

Here is the other post I referenced:

http://freescale.lithium.com/t5/CodeWarrior-for-8-and-16-bit/Memory-configuration-file-error/td-p/99...

0 Kudos