cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 3.5 USB problem on MCF52259

Jump to solution
elel
Contributor III

I'm using MQX 3.5 on a board based on MCF52259 uC and I use CW7.1.2 to develop final application.

I use the uC USB peripheral in order to connect USB sticks to the board, and I have some problem in USB detection.

In fact, I tried 10 different USB sticks (various types and sizes) and only 5 of them were recognized by the OS. Some of them were not detected at all (no messages on standard output), instead with some others I saw "Unable to open USB disk" message on standard output. All the USB sticks I tried work well on PCs.

I'm thinking about trying to migrate to MQX 3.8. Does anybody know if this is a known issue on MQX 3.5 and if there is some solution?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
elel
Contributor III

we finally solved our problem migrating to MQX 3.8 and CW7.2.2.

we figured out the problem was due to a some kind of conflict between our 1ms PIT, in which we put MQX scheduler as suggested in PIT usage example, and USB Task.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hchristo
Contributor I

i'm having a similar issue using mqx 3.6.1 and mem_extend. we cannot migrate to 3.8 and have to use external ram due to the size and complexity of our application.

0 Kudos
elel
Contributor III

we finally solved our problem migrating to MQX 3.8 and CW7.2.2.

we figured out the problem was due to a some kind of conflict between our 1ms PIT, in which we put MQX scheduler as suggested in PIT usage example, and USB Task.

0 Kudos
hchristo
Contributor I

Glad you found a solution.

Are you using external RAM and a common memory pool that spans internal and external RAM. Or are you in internal RAM only?

0 Kudos