Launching LC for simple Flash (Error message)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching LC for simple Flash (Error message)

Jump to solution
cab
Contributor III

CW10.2 for HCS08, Win7x64USB BDM Multilink12E.

All of a sudden and now forever, whenever I execute Run->Debug I get an error message

• Launching LC for simple Flash [...]
    An application file was not specified in the launch configuration.

Along with some mechanism for sending the details to P&E--but no way for them to contact me even if they wanted to.  This is kind of a show-stopper because I was trying to troubleshoot programming of flash.  Otherwise I am rudderless.

I re-installed CW, which should re-install and re-initialize all the PE stuff.  I rebooted, I powered everything down. Still it remembers the problem.  Does this mean that the Multilink is corrupted?  I am stumped.  I wish it had some information about which "application file" was not specified or where the "launch configuration" was located.

If anyone has a clue to help me correct the problem, I would appreciate it.  I understand this is not the P&E board, but you guys are pretty responsive when someone has the answer.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hallo,

Seems you have used the 'simple flash programmer' in the past. This has created an LC (lauch configuration), and you are using this (unintended) as the default. The launch configuration complains that there is no binary it can download.

In short: you need to make sure you are debugging the right configuration. For this, the easiest way is:

- select the project you want to debug

- use the 'debug' icon in the toolbar, click on the 'down' triangle and select from the list the configuration you want debug

See attached screenshot.

Hope this helps,

BK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hallo,

Seems you have used the 'simple flash programmer' in the past. This has created an LC (lauch configuration), and you are using this (unintended) as the default. The launch configuration complains that there is no binary it can download.

In short: you need to make sure you are debugging the right configuration. For this, the easiest way is:

- select the project you want to debug

- use the 'debug' icon in the toolbar, click on the 'down' triangle and select from the list the configuration you want debug

See attached screenshot.

Hope this helps,

BK

0 Kudos
cab
Contributor III

BlackNight-

I didn't happen just as you described because LCLaunchForSimpleFlash was my only option and that brought the message again.  But that gave me enough of a hint to try other things like Debug Configuration, etc.  I don't know  exactly how it happened, but my program is running.  I think things started with me trying to debug when I flashed a s19 file.  When I finally figured out the mistake, that stupid error message came up (and it is one of the stupidest).

Sorry--You are a White Knight and I really appreciate it.

-Cab-

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi cab,

yes, no disagreement on that error message.

The following post is about the Simple Flash Programmer which caused the problem for you:

Flashing with a Button (and a Magic Wand).

I might to play around to reproduce what you have seen, maybe I can find the root cause of it.

Thanks for reporting,

BK

0 Kudos