Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP for TWR-K60F120M?

Jump to solution
mich1985
Contributor III

Hello all,

is there a bsp available for the K60F120M Tower?

Best Regards,

flo

0 Kudos
1 Solution
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello Mich1985,

BSP for K60F120M is going to be present in the next MQX release.

Regards,

MartinK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mvanlamz
Contributor II

I downloaded the MQX3.8 patch for the TWR-K60F120M, using the link above. I ran it and it said it installed OK.

I imported the psp_twrk60f120m and bsp_twrk60f120m to CodeWarrior 10.2, and was able to build them OK.

However, when I make a new MQX 3.8 project in CodeWarrior 10.2, I still don't see the K60F120M in the list of boards.

Does anyone have any tips?

0 Kudos
mvanlamz
Contributor II

I finally got the TWR-K60F120M to appear as a target in Eclipse. Next to "MCU 10.2 Update 1.0.0 (Win) " on this page (http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_UPDATES_MCU_10_2&fsrch=1&sr=5) is a link to a note that says you need new DOS batch files from this archive: http://www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/software/app_software/application_development_framew...

I downloaded the archive above, copied the batch files over as per instructions, ran it, and after that I got the TWR-K60F120M as a target. Yay!

Now the funny bit -- after all that, I came across instructions that Eclipse can update itself by using the "Install New Software" item under the help menu. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think that would have saved me a lot of manual labour if I had noticed it earlier.

I'm going to chalk this up to 50% "CodeWarrior/Eclipse newbie" and 50% "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!"

0 Kudos
mvanlamz
Contributor II

I just asked a colleague to try the "Install New Software", and she did not get the K60F120M added to her list of targets, so it looks like the manual steps in my previous email are needed.

0 Kudos
lisa_tx
Contributor III

I have imported TWR-K60F120M device driver and CW10.2 can see twr-k60f120 on the list without problem. Do you have "Freescale MQX RTOS 3.8.0 TWR-K60F120M Patch Release Notes"?

0 Kudos
Symbolic
Contributor III

Color me slow, but...

What do the Release Notes mean by:

"build project at location: <install_dir>/mqx/build/cw10/psp_twrk60f120m"

(I am using CW 10.2, not IAR)

I don't know of any way to get CW(Eclipse) to build a project by pointing to that directory.

(My understanding of Eclipse is that projects reside in the current workspace, and build operations are perfomed on projects within it)

(Unless some directory within that path should be set as my workspace directory??)

Should I be importing this directory as a project to my workspace first?

If so, do I need to reference this project in other projects that I build.

I think some kind of shorthand is being used in these instructions that I have not had the appropriate experience or training for.

Or am I just missing something obvious?

Just a little more detail would be so helpful.

0 Kudos
Symbolic
Contributor III

O.K.  Never mind.   Found the answer to my own question.

The answer is in the MQX "getting started" document.

To build these things, you do import them to your workspace first.

Why do the patch documenters assume you are upgrading and are familiar with all the other documentation?

In my case, I am installing an up to date environment, and then "digging in" - I had not yet run across this documentation (getting started) because I was working on "stuff do do before getting started".....

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello Mich1985,

BSP for K60F120M is going to be present in the next MQX release.

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is a MQX3.8 patch for TWR-K60F120M on the web:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=MQXSWDW&tid=m32MQX

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
mich1985