cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mfs_usb HOST Problem

SUNU
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using k70 demo board ,3.8 MQX and 10.2 Codewarrior .On demo board USB port is working properly in "4 GB" pen drive.But i add upto 4 GB drive it not working ,what i do for this problem ,the error message coming on hyperterminal is (i am using 32 GB hard drive).

Error while opening partition (UNKNOWN ERROR !!!)
Device removed, starting device cleanup
--->Closing MFS
--->Uninstalling  û
--->Uninstalling PM
--->Closing disk
--->Closing USB MFS

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

mattvario
Contributor I

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I am having the same symptom when connecting a USB memory stick to my target which is running on the K70.

0 Kudos

c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

We have tested mfs_usb on MQX 3.8.1 with 8GB pen drive and it run without any error. This MQX version is going to be released this month.

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos

Vagni
Contributor IV

Dear MartinK,

I am developing with MQX 3.7 and I have to add USB MSD Host functionality to my running application on my K60-based custom board.

Should I get the same issue with 4GB and over memory stick with that MQX version ?

Should I port my application to the new MQX 3.8.1 ?

0 Kudos

c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hi vagni,

I would suggest to install 3.8.1 and test the examples which are similar/have same functionality that your application desires.

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos

Vagni
Contributor IV

Dear MartinK,

I downloaded and installed MQX 3.8.1. I got a TWR-K60N512 + TWR-SER Tower System and I compiled and run the mfs-usb demo application with my CW 10.2.

The demo mounts the file system on 2GB, 4GB and 8GB pendrives, but for a 16GB pendrive I get the same opening partition error (UNKNOWN ERROR !!!).

I added to the demo code a test function that, when the file system is succesfully mounted, opens a text file for writing (fopen with "w"), writes a string on it (fputs), close the file (fclose), re-opens the same text file for reading (fopen with "r"), gets the first string from the file (fgets), closes the file (fclose) and compares the written string with the read one.

This test is succesfully on 2GB and 4GB pendrives, but on a 8GB pendrive the fgets() never returns and my function never ends.

P.S. - In the past I got the same file system issue (not mounted on pendrives with size over 4GB) with the AN4368 USB MSD Host Bootloader. Then, I got an updated version from the Freescale Support that fixed the issue. Unfortunately, the USB-Host stack and the file system used in AN4368 are not the same  as MQX USB-Host and MFS ...

0 Kudos

barbercolman
Contributor III

Hi

Has this issue been resolved. I assume you are using C:\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.8\mfs\examples\mfs_usb. Is this correct? Also were you using a USB flash drive and how did you connect it?

Thanks

0 Kudos

JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alessandro,

during development of MQX 4.0, we had USB plug fest where many issues with USB flash disks have been solved and I can now say that MQX 4.0 is the most compatible with USB flash disks spread over world than any previous MQX release. Please try MQX 4.0 that is scheduled for release within few days if the mfs_usb example works with your pen drive.

There are also plans to prepare public information of tested and working USB disks with MQX.

0 Kudos

ARQuattr
Contributor IV

Hi Juraj,

You mentioned plans to publish results of your plug fest.  Do you know if this has been done, and where it can be found?

Thanks

0 Kudos

mattvario
Contributor I

I have a preliminary release of MQX 3.8.1 and it did not solve our problem. The symptom is the same, we still get an Error while opening partition (UNKNOWN ERROR !!!).

0 Kudos