MPC5674F With Multilink Universal FX Pod  Debug as Attach doesn't work

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5674F With Multilink Universal FX Pod  Debug as Attach doesn't work

timias
Contributor IV

Using the Multilink Universal FX Pod connected to a MPC5674F, and using Codewarrior 10.2 I cannot successfully enter debug mode using the attach function.

Everytime I try it halts my processor and when I try to access any memory it all reads zeros, probably due to a failed initialization or a bus error of some sort.

I already created a new debug configuration for attach using all the correct settings, created a new conection and tried unchecking Initialize target in the target settings. I know this functionaility is supposed to work for this family of processors.

Any thoughts or Ideas.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

Generally, the JTAG speed must be 1/6 of the processor's bus frequency (which is usually half of the core frequency). In the case of 25MHz, this would require a minimum processor bus frequency of 150MHz at startup.

This causes the highest setting to fail on most Qorivva devices. However, we have successfully tested the 12.5MHz setting on many Qorivva boards. The following P&E blog post has some more detailed information that you may find helpful:
http://www.pemicro.com/blog/post.cfm/bdm-shift-frequency-demystified

Stanish

0 Kudos

MannyM_
Contributor I

I was able to attach using Codewarrior 10.2, a Multilink Universal FX, and the MPC5674F EVB.The setting that's probably causing issue is the Debug Shift Speed in the Connection Settings.  

I was able to attach to my project with every Debug Shift Speed except for (0) FX = 25.00 MHz.  When I used Debug Shift Speed = (0), I had the same error that you were seeing (all memory is read as zeros).  Make sure you're not using a Debug Shift Speed of (0) and instead use (1) or lower.  

0 Kudos