MQX 3.8 support for any server side scripting (ASP, PHP, etc)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 3.8 support for any server side scripting (ASP, PHP, etc)?

Jump to solution
Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Hi All,

As part of my TWR-MPC-5125 application I've implemented a web server for config/control of my product. I would also really love to be able to allow the user to upload new CW image binaries (using their web browser) that the bootloader can select from at boot time (basically a firmware update). The problem is that using only Javascript and HTML, web pages served up by the http server in MQX can't access the file system on the remote client computer to read a CW binary image file so it can be sent to my TWR-MPC-5125 device.

As far as I know you need to run server side scripts (ASP, PHP, etc) to accomplish file uploads (to MQX) from a web browser of a remote client. Does anyone know if support for this exists in MQX 3.8 or is planned for a future release? Are there any options for purchasing this support from a third party (or MQX I suppose)? Does anyone know of a way to upload a file to MQX from a remote computer using a web browser only? It can certainly be done using ftp but I want the user to be able to upload the file from my web page just by clicking a button. Thanks!

~Tim

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your reply. I did manage to figure this out using the cgi support built in to MQX 3.8. I wrote my own function for parsing the received data since I couldn't find any MQX functions specific to the task but it seems to be working just as I need it to. Thanks again for your reply, have a great day.

Best Regards,

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Doug_EmbeddedAc
Senior Contributor I

Tim,

You don’t need Java or PHP o do this, but you do need some server side code. We've done this exact thing for customers before. Feel free to contact us at info@Embedded-Access.com if you wish to discuss it.

Doug

Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your reply. I did manage to figure this out using the cgi support built in to MQX 3.8. I wrote my own function for parsing the received data since I couldn't find any MQX functions specific to the task but it seems to be working just as I need it to. Thanks again for your reply, have a great day.

Best Regards,

Tim

0 Kudos