Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK60FX512VLQ12 pin out trouble

Jump to solution
GMVS
Contributor III

hi

this is the first time i work with a freescale device and there are lots of things i dont get

for starters, isn't there some other pin out reference other than the one in the datasheet i'm sending? this thing is assuming i know what all that acronyms mean and tho i have a general idea, that doesn't help me to create the adecuate resource map for my application.

take this for example

• Analog modules
– Four 16-bit SAR ADCs

check the index, and it says

6.6 Analog...............................................................................43
6.6.1 ADC electrical specifications..............................43
6.6.2 CMP and 6-bit DAC electrical specifications......52
6.6.3 12-bit DAC electrical characteristics...................54
6.6.4 Voltage reference electrical specifications..........57

which its useful, but incomplete

in the parametric search i read this thing had 16 channels organized in 4 modules

but i dont see that mentioned anywhere in the file. it just says Four 16-bit SAR ADCs

so i go down to the pinout

and the LQFP diagram is also incomplete

i check the pinout table and most pins aren't labeled according to thir other functions

must of them just say PTEx, PTDx...

but in the table it says for example pin 1:4 are PTE0:3 and are supposed to have something to do with the ADC, SPI1, UART, SDHC and 12C

and i say "something to do", beacuse all i find are the acronyms, no what they are. what're ADC1_SE4a, ADC0_DP1, ADC0_DM1 and why are ADC0_SE8 multiplexed with ADC1_SE8? whatever ADC0_SE8/ ADC1_SE8/ ADC2_SE8/ ADC3_SE8 are all in the freaking same pin 81!

oks, drops the file, takes the next one 

KQRUG! Kinetis Peripheral Module Quick Reference

Using Peripheral Delay Block (PDB) to Schedule Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) Conversions
19.1 Overview.........................................................................................................................................................................179
19.1.1 Introduction........................................................................................................................................................179
19.1.2 Features..............................................................................................................................................................180
19.2 Configuration example....................................................................................................................................................181
19.2.1 PDB-triggered single-ended ADC conversions.................................................................................................181
19.2.1.1 Turn on ADC and PDB clocks...........................................................................................................182
19.2.1.2 Configure System Integration module for ADC defaults..................................................................182
19.2.1.3 Configure Peripheral Delay Block (PDB).........................................................................................182
19.2.1.4 Determine ADC configuration...........................................................................................................183
19.2.1.5 Using ADC driver..............................................................................................................................184
19.2.1.6 Calibrate ADCs..................................................................................................................................184
19.2.1.7 Enable ADC and PDB interrupts.......................................................................................................184
19.2.1.8 Software triggering of PDB...............................................................................................................184
19.2.1.9 Handle ADC and PDB interrupts.......................................................................................................185

19.2.2 ADC device hardware implementation..............................................................................................................186
19.2.3 PDB device hardware implementation..............................................................................................................186
19.3 PCB design recommendations........................................................................................................................................186
19.3.1 Layout guidelines...............................................................................................................................................186
19.3.1.1 General routing and placement..........................................................................................................186
19.3.2 ESD/EMI considerations ...................................................................................................................................187

which is freaking useful xept that is a generalization for all kinetis, so it wont tell me whats the pinout of my specific device nor what all the acronyms mean. in fact, the a and b stuff on the names make me think the ADC registers are split into bytes attached to different pins... 

no, i dont understand this at all

is there some other file i'm missing?

i've been surfing through application notes and schematics (even tower schematics) in case i can infere the info i need, but i dont see anyone using all 16 supposedly available channels at once, and i do need them all.

can anyone help me?

tnx

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ndavies
Contributor V

Take a look at the K60P144150SF3RM.PDF, It covers both the 120 and 150 Mhz parts. Chapter 10 covers the pin function multiplexing. Section 10.3 lists the default and alternative functions for each pin in the 144 pin parts.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ndavies
Contributor V

Take a look at the K60P144150SF3RM.PDF, It covers both the 120 and 150 Mhz parts. Chapter 10 covers the pin function multiplexing. Section 10.3 lists the default and alternative functions for each pin in the 144 pin parts.

0 Kudos