How to add N number of ITEMS in D4D_MENU(K60 eGUI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add N number of ITEMS in D4D_MENU(K60 eGUI)

Jump to solution
SUNU
Contributor I

Hiii,

I need to add "N" number of items in d4d_menu screen for k60 egui .I can added limited number of item in user menu screen like D4D_DECLARE_MENU_ITEM_FULL( "file1.mp3",&bmp_music_notes,&screen_musicplayer)
                     D4D_DECLARE_MENU_ITEM_FULL( "file2.mp3",&bmp_music_notes,&screen_musicplayer)
                     D4D_DECLARE_MENU_ITEM_FULL( "file3.mp3",&bmp_music_notes,&screen_musicplayer)
                     D4D_DECLARE_MENU_ITEM_FULL( "file4.mp3",&bmp_music_notes,&screen_musicplayer) it in globaly decleared ,So i can't use for and while loop here what i do for this.I attached one example in this mail.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the solution is simple.

Declare the MENU object in RAM, and then dynamically alloc memory N*sizeof(D4D_MENU_ITEM). And fill up this structures.

Finally put pointer on this array to MENU object structure (pItems) and update posCnt also in same menu structure.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the solution is simple.

Declare the MENU object in RAM, and then dynamically alloc memory N*sizeof(D4D_MENU_ITEM). And fill up this structures.

Finally put pointer on this array to MENU object structure (pItems) and update posCnt also in same menu structure.

0 Kudos
SUNU
Contributor I

Hi,

I am beginner in eGui. I don't know where i should call the menu object structure.I declared like this

D4D_DECLARE_STD_RMENU_AUTOSIZE_BEGIN_INRAM(scrfilemanger_menu, "List Of Files" , FONT_ARIAL12B, 0,30 , 200, 150, 4, FONT_ARIAL12, FONT_ARIAL12, NULL,ScrMenu_OnClick)

D4D_DECLARE_RMENU_END_INRAM(scrfilemanger_menu) ,i don't know in where call the "pItems" structure(OnInit(),OnMain()) .Please explain with any example.

0 Kudos
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

anywhere, out of the D4D_MENU code is running.

So all you mentioned functions are OK.

just create the new arrays of the MENU_ITEM  structures and update pointer on this array to the MENU object as I describe in previous message.

Gargy

0 Kudos
SUNU
Contributor I

Hi,

I Don't know how to do this ,I did like this

D4D_DECLARE_STD_RMENU_AUTOSIZE_BEGIN_INRAM(scrfilemanger_menu, "List Of Files" , FONT_ARIAL12B, 0,30 , 200, 150, 4, FONT_ARIAL12, FONT_ARIAL12, NULL,ScrMenu_OnClick)
D4D_DECLARE_RMENU_END_INRAM(scrfilemanger_menu)

char str[10][10]={"f1","f2","f3","f4","f5"};

//Screen "Main" function called periodically in each D4D_poll runs

static void ScreenFilemanager_OnMain()
{
           D4D_MENU_ITEM* Menu[10];
           D4D_MENU* pMenu=D4D_GET_MENU(&scrfilemanger_menu);
            int i;
            D4D_MENU_INDEX  j=0;
           // pMenu->posCnt=0;
            for(i=0;i<5;i++)
            {
                //D4D_MenuSetIndex((D4D_OBJECT*)&scrfilemanger_menu,j);
                strcpy(Menu[i]->text.pText,str[i]);
                Menu[i]->pIcon=NULL;
                Menu[i]->pUser=NULL;
                pMenu->pItems=Menu[i];
                pMenu->posCnt++;
               //j++ 
            }
}

When i running the code the filemanager screen stuck  and debugger come out of kernal.I don't know how to do this,What change i should make this code.

0 Kudos
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

you are close, but not in finish line :smileyhappy:

Look at this:

static void ScreenFilemanager_OnMain()
{
           static D4D_MENU_ITEM* Menu[10];
           D4D_MENU* pMenu=D4D_GET_MENU(&scrfilemanger_menu);
            int i;
            D4D_MENU_INDEX  j=0;
           // pMenu->posCnt=0;
            for(i=0;i<5;i++)
            {
                //D4D_MenuSetIndex((D4D_OBJECT*)&scrfilemanger_me

nu,j);
                //strcpy(Menu[i]->text.pText,str[i]);

Menu[i]->text.pText = str[i];

Menu[i]->text.buffSize = 10;

Menu[i]->text.str_properties= NULL;  // In menu is used common text properties settings

Menu[i]->text.printLen = 10;

Menu[i]->text.printOff = 0;
                Menu[i]->pIcon=NULL;
                Menu[i]->pUser=NULL;

//j++ 
            }

pMenu->posCnt = 5;

pMenu->pItems=&Menu[0];   

}

I hope this helps, you have to keep in mind that the menu item storage that you will create has to be keep in memory (static).

Gargy

0 Kudos
michaelsthomas
Contributor I

I have a similar need to create dynamic menu items.  I thought I understood this chain of posts, but when I run the code and switch to the menu screen, my debugger halts on a hardware error.

1codesnip.JPG

codesnip.JPG

0 Kudos
Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

And, I will add :

static void ScreenFilemanager_OnMain(){static D4D_MENU_ITEM* Menu[10];D4D_MENU* pMenu=D4D_GET_MENU(&scrfilemanger_menu);int i;D4D_MENU_INDEX  j=0;  for(i=0;i<5;i++)  {      Menu[i]->text.pText = str[i];      Menu[i]->text.buffSize = 10;      Menu[i]->text.str_properties= NULL;  // In menu is used common text properties settings      Menu[i]->text.printLen = 10;      Menu[i]->text.printOff = 0;      Menu[i]->pIcon=NULL;      Menu[i]->pUser=NULL;  }  Menu[i]->text.pText = NULL;  Menu[i]->pIcon = NULL;  pMenu->posCnt = 5;  pMenu->pItems=&Menu[0];   }

to end D4D_MENU_ITEM list

0 Kudos
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

you right, Good point.

Gargy

0 Kudos