How to migrate between two different K40 chips?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate between two different K40 chips?

Jump to solution
soli
Contributor I

Hello,

I have developed my code on eval board „TWR-K40X256 Tower Module“ with Kinetis MK40X256VMD100 inside.

Now I try to use this code on another chip, the Kinetis MK40DN512ZVLL10. So I have to rebuild the bsp and psp (there are differens in package, flashsize and there is no flexmem).

Is there any instruction/pdf how to migrate the psp to a new chip (could not find anything). Only change the define MQX_CPU (in user_config.h) from PSP_CPU_MK40DX256Z (the old one) to PSP_CPU_MK40DN512Z (the new one) will have no effect to the files *.mem, init_kinetis.tcl and mass_erase_kinetis.tcl.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Soli,

Will give it the college try on answering.

Changes are very minimal when porting from one version of a Kinetis device to another and especially when from the same family.

Steps to try:

- update the processor in the user_config.h (you did this so good job)

* note that in the MK40DZ10.h header that both old and new device are supported

** there is no specific file signal to pin mapping...it is inherently handled by how the device is bonded out (wired from silicon to pin)

- the *.mem file is just a text file.  You can update it to match the memory configuration of the "new" device.

- lastly the *.lcf needs

* updating for the MEMORY sections to accomodate the ram and rom sizes of the "new" device.

** updating the __INTERNAL_SRAM_BASE and _SIZE in SECTIONS.

*** updating __FLASHX_SECT_SIZE potentially

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
soli
Contributor I

No one can help?

It seems I only have to edit the settings in the memory configuration file. But I think there will be a applicable file from Freescale. But I can not find it anywhere.

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Soli,

Will give it the college try on answering.

Changes are very minimal when porting from one version of a Kinetis device to another and especially when from the same family.

Steps to try:

- update the processor in the user_config.h (you did this so good job)

* note that in the MK40DZ10.h header that both old and new device are supported

** there is no specific file signal to pin mapping...it is inherently handled by how the device is bonded out (wired from silicon to pin)

- the *.mem file is just a text file.  You can update it to match the memory configuration of the "new" device.

- lastly the *.lcf needs

* updating for the MEMORY sections to accomodate the ram and rom sizes of the "new" device.

** updating the __INTERNAL_SRAM_BASE and _SIZE in SECTIONS.

*** updating __FLASHX_SECT_SIZE potentially

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos