I'm using MQX 3.8 with a Kwikstik.
I found a couple of bugs in the board support package:
1) The function init_hardware() in init_hw.c is not called during initialization. I assume it's part of the board/cpu initialization and should be called automatically. Otherwise one gets all kinds of strange behaviour:
- GPIO port clocks are not enabled -> HARD_FAULT when using certain drivers (ADC for example)
- _time_delay() does not work correctly (delay too long)
- maybe others, which I did not stumble upon
2) _bsp_channel_io_init() in init_gpio.c uses wrong ADC_SOURCE_MODULE parameter. In line 356 (ADC_GET_MODULE(source) == ADC_SOURCE_MODULE(0)) it uses 0, but this should instead be ADC_SOURCE_MODULE(1) to correspond with defines in adc_mk40.h.
Took me two days to find those bugs, so I'm posting them here so that others can safe that time (and hoping that they get fixed in the next release)