System does NOT work without without the BDM Multilink plugged in

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System does NOT work without without the BDM Multilink plugged in

kji
Contributor II
I am using a Adapt9S12E128 evaluation board in a testing project. My code (C language ) is working right when P&E MULTILINK connected with a PC. However, system will be reseted at once when unpluging P&E MULTILINK. I have asked Freescale technical supportor.

Freescale technical supportor responded like this:
In Debug mode mode the STACK Pointer is set and the COP are disable. In Single mode the COP system is enable and the STACK pointer is not set for you. The user has to make sure that these things are taken care of. Sometimes, the device comes out with untended functionalities but there are work arounds. These discrepancies are described in the device errata document and is tracked by mask set numbers, which is printed on the device. Other than bugs introduced by modifying sample bootloaders the device should be working correctly.

So I disabled two related code line on CPU.C
 // CLKSEL=0;
 // CLKSEL_PLLSEL = 0;                   /* Select clock source from XTAL */
However thing still same, anything I am not reached? Please help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kji
Contributor II
Barneymc:
Actually I've just found out what happened with my case today. System works right independently when I took the pod off from Adapt9S12E128.
I never unpluged pod from Adapt9S12E128, only unpluged pod from PC before. 
Thank you for your information anyway.

0 Kudos

barneymc
Contributor I
With the MC9S12NE64 eval board I am using, there is a jumper on the MODC pin which enables/disables the BDM port. If I want to run with the BDM, I put the jumper on to cause MODC to be grounded when the RESET is true. To run without the BDM, I remove the jumper and MODC is pulled up during RESET. I only move the jumper with the power off.
0 Kudos