Problems building Bootloader applications

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems building Bootloader applications

DHair
Contributor I

I see issues I don't understand. I have downloaded the software for both MSD Device (AN4379) and DFU (AN4370) boot loaders. I am trying to build these with CodeWarrior 10.2 for a Kinetis K60 CPU.

When I import the project I get warnings like:

Invalid project path: Include path not found: ....\app\app\common

A clean build of the project produces almost 2000 errors. When I try to clean this up, "Update with modified files" and then "Search for Unresolved Includes" , it likes fine. But another clean build produces the same errors.

As expected, a build for the MCF52259 using CodeWarrior 7.2 works out of the box.

I am using several machines, all with WinXP SP2.

I admit I'm an Eclipse newbie but I didn't expect these types of issues. Especially when I see others have moved beyond this. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

ERussell
Contributor IV

I had the same problem, but when I replaced the build variable ${proj_loc} with ${ProjDirPath} (the one defined in the Kinetis set of build variables), for all the includes in the project Properties/ C/C++ General/ Paths and Symbols all those errors went away except one. The macro USB_OK still couldn't be resolved so I manually added the path, $ProjDirPath\Source\Device\source\driver, and the project now builds just fine. 

However, when I try to run I get the error that the target can't be stopped. Will have to try and figure that one out.

I hope this helps.

ER

0 Kudos

PaoloRenzo
Contributor V

All the softwares were updated for CW10.2 fixing some issues, including the ${proj_loc} problem

Hope this helps

0 Kudos

bigredhdl
Contributor I

"All the softwares were updated for CW10.2 fixing some issues, including the ${proj_loc} problem"

I don't understand what this means.  I just downloaded the AN4379SW.zip today and it doesn't show the files have been modified since 9/23/2011.

I'm personally starting to get pretty frustrated with these demos.  I don't use codewarrior as my daily compiler so when I use it to try these demos out it gets pretty trying to have to spend hours untangling the wrong dependencies and other missing pieces that cause these to not work.

As for the problem above, I'm getting it.  Tried to import the project into my workspace using "Import existing projects into workspace" and I get a lot of invalid project path errors and a make error:

mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `D:\Temp\USB_MSD_Device_bootloader\Source\Device\source\driver\kinetis\usb_dci_kinetis.c', needed by `Sources/driver/usb_dci_kinetis.obj'.    Kinetis_MK60N512VMD100_msd_bootloader

0 Kudos

PaoloRenzo
Contributor V

I'm sorry, I was talking about AN4370. Not sure about the other one.

I'm sorry you had a bad moment with the app note. Can you open a ticket and report this? Our support team should be able to fix this and give you a solution right away. www.freescale.com/support

0 Kudos