cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem running MSD Bootloader project

Jump to solution
ERussell
Contributor IV

I am trying to run the Kinetis_MK60N512VMD100_msd_bootloader project on a k60 development kit with CW 10.1 and a J-Link probe. When I try to download I receive the error message: DOWNLOAD TASK FAILURE.

I have had no problems running programs on the kit or my target board with this setup until now. Does anyone have an idea what is causing this error and how I can fix it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ERussell
Contributor IV

The problem is solved. I upgraded to CW 10.2 and in the process of downloading the MSD_Bootloader program  was asked to update the J-Link firmware which I did. I don't know what solved the download problem but at least it works!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

hard to say without further details.

Maybe have a look into a similar problem I had here:
http://mcuoneclipse.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/an-error-occurred-applied-debugging-rules/

but this was on a ColdFire, not Kinetis.

I suggest that you enable logging (as in shown in above post) and provide that information.

What the error message indicates me is that the target task behind the flashing failed.

I know that 10.1 is not producing much diagnostics to the console view (MCU10.2 is much better providing that information), but hopefully enable logging to the console view will give you the important hint what is going wrong.

I could speculate that your bootloader/bootloader application has locked the device, and the debugger cannot flash the part any more. For this you might need a mass erase. Just speculating.

Hope this helps,.

BK

0 Kudos
ERussell
Contributor IV

Here is the log file of the attempted download. Hopefully this will help.

Thanks,

ER

0 Kudos
ERussell
Contributor IV

The problem is solved. I upgraded to CW 10.2 and in the process of downloading the MSD_Bootloader program  was asked to update the J-Link firmware which I did. I don't know what solved the download problem but at least it works!

0 Kudos