MQX 3.8 Where is/What has replaced MK40X256VMD100.h

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 3.8 Where is/What has replaced MK40X256VMD100.h

BenG
Contributor III

I've recently download, installed and built MQX 3.8 (for the KwikSwick / K40). The file "MK40X256VMD100.h" doesn't seem to be present in 3.8, and I cna't find anything in the release notes indicating what it has been replaced by.

As result, none of the demo applications (and my own code I've built on top of the demo apps) compiles.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hi BenG,

as kecart pointed out, MK40X256VMD100 was replaced with MK40DZ10. Files should be almost identical, some retypes are possible there. That takes only a minute to figure it out.

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos

Jeinstei
Contributor II

Is there any particular issue with the linker files as well? I keep getting an "overflow in segment" when trying to compile the MQX examples onto a TWR-K40

0 Kudos

c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hi Jeinstei,

can you include which examples are you talking about? What target? I assume RAM in this case.

Did you generate map file and checked how much memory does an example need which causes the overflow ?

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos

Jeinstei
Contributor II

Like many things, this turned out to be an unrelated issue that we somehow got resolved. Every time I've run into that issue it was due to the OSBDM driver having issues. Restarting my OS seemed to stop any of those problems.

0 Kudos

kecart
Contributor III

BenG, It looks like the equivalent file in MQX 3.8 would be MK40DZ10.H.  Look at mqx\source\psp\cortex\kinetis.h and mqx\source\psp\cortex\MK40DZ10.h to see if they don't cover your requirements.

0 Kudos