cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior 10.2 and MQX 3.8

Jump to solution
intevac_coder
Contributor III

Do Codewarrior 10.2 and MQX 3.8 work together?  The release notes in 3.8 say that it only knows about Codewarrior 10.1.  I need the fix for freeing up 32kB of memory, a bug in the 10.1 compiler.  

I tried a suggestion from Freescale about changing the configuration file but it caused the task aware debugger to stop working (I have a full license).  I'm now having to rebuild all environments and want to have the latest and greatest with the memory fix in.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kecart
Contributor III

After installing both CW_MCU_10.2 and MQX 3.8, you will need to go to the "C:\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.8\tools\codewarrior_extensions\CW MCU v10.2" folder and run the install_cw10.2_plugin.bat file.  Read it first to see the proper command line parameter.  After that, everything works as expected.  If you haven't already been to the License Management site and gone to License Options, Version Renewal, you will need to do that to get the 10.2 compatible license file.  The 10.0 file does not work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kecart
Contributor III

After installing both CW_MCU_10.2 and MQX 3.8, you will need to go to the "C:\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.8\tools\codewarrior_extensions\CW MCU v10.2" folder and run the install_cw10.2_plugin.bat file.  Read it first to see the proper command line parameter.  After that, everything works as expected.  If you haven't already been to the License Management site and gone to License Options, Version Renewal, you will need to do that to get the 10.2 compatible license file.  The 10.0 file does not work.

0 Kudos
intevac_coder
Contributor III

Thank you for the heads up.  I'll try it out and post what happens.

0 Kudos
intevac_coder
Contributor III

I ended up having to put in a support ticket to have my license page re-run.  There's a website problem with getting the 10.2 license.  Once Freescale rewrote the page, I was able to download the license and the task aware debugger (TAD) now works with CW 10.2 and MQX 3.8.  At least the TAD shows 64kB of RAM now.  Yah!

Now it's getting the serial terminal and everything working again like I had with CW 10.1 and MQX 3.7.

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hi intevac_coder,

MQX 3.8 and CW 10.2 are compatible as it is 10.1, it's not mentioned in the documentation because CW 10.2 was not released at the time of writing the documentation.

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos