cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVBQE128 evaluation drivers

Jump to solution
Matviy
Contributor I

I have the EVBQE128 evaluation board, but not the CD that came with it. It seems absolutely impossible to find the drivers anywhere else.

When I plug in the card (USB) two devices are detected. One i was able to install drivers for (virtual COM port, from the newest version of CodeWarrior that i downloaded) but it  doesn't seem to be able to find drivers for the other device.

If anyone other there could provide these or show me where to get them, that would be amazing.

Windows XP 32-bit by the way.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Attached are screenshots of the driver from the device manager. Keep in mind that I'm using Windows7 32bit. I need to check if there is any old Windows XP machine around here, to see if that would look different.

I have added as well the drivers as I have them in my windows system folder (not sure if there are others).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have that board in my office. I'll check on Monday if I still have the CD to check what is on that CD.

The drivers were included with the CodeWarrior installation (MCU 6.0 at that time from what I can tell).

From which CodeWarrior version were you using the drivers?

The device on the EVB board is basically a P&E Multilink, so any P&E drivers for the Multilink should work.

Here is what you could do:

- Check if you can connect to an external P&E Multilink (I hope you have one)

- You can download drivers from the P&E website: http://www.pemicro.com/blog/archives.cfm/category/drivers

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Matviy
Contributor I

Hey thanks for the help!

I downloaded and installed all the software/drivers over at P&E and none of it seemed to help. I tried manually selecting each driver Windows said that none of them matched my hardware (my board).

I was able to get the Virtual COM port driver installed when i downloaded the ColdWarrior MCU V6.3 Evaluation.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

ok, I digged out my EVBQE128 Starter Kit board. And I was wrong: it does not have the P&E debug interface on it, but the SofTec Microsystems one :smileysad:.

The problem with this is that SofTec has stopped support for Freescale. For sure there are no drivers for 64bit, and Vista was not supported neither.

See https://community.freescale.com/message/96726#96726

I have attached drivers I have found on my machine, so this might help.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

as an update: I use Windows 7 (32bit), and I have CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.3 installed.

To my positive suprise all the drivers are installed, and I can debug the EVBQE128 board with teh True-Time and Real-Time Debugger.

I only had to tell the debugger to use teh EVBQE128 device (see screenshot).

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Matviy
Contributor I

I've tried doing that in the screenshot and it just gives me an error saying that it could not communicate with the USB device. Makes sense since windows says it  cannot find and install drivers for it.

I tried the drivers you uploaded and none of them worked. I also tried reinstalling CW 6.3, as well as installing it on a completely different PC, also with Windows XP 32bit, to get he exact same results.

Could you tell me the name of the file your Windows is using as a driver for the device? You can figure this out by opening device manager, righ-clicking the EVBQE128 device , properties, and clicking the "Driver Details" button under the second tab..

This should clear things up for me quite a bit, hopefully.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Attached are screenshots of the driver from the device manager. Keep in mind that I'm using Windows7 32bit. I need to check if there is any old Windows XP machine around here, to see if that would look different.

I have added as well the drivers as I have them in my windows system folder (not sure if there are others).

0 Kudos
Matviy
Contributor I

I got rather fed up with all the problems so i just installed windows 7 and now everything seems to work great!

Thanks for all the help!

0 Kudos