cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using DMA and periodic timer  send data to DAC

sumy
Contributor I

Hi Friends,

Can anybody help me out....??? I am a fresher..and I have to send data from sdcard to DAC using DMA and TIMER( without using processor expert).If anyone have any code related to this please send me ASAP....

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Nana
Contributor II

I managed to deal DMA transfer i tried to put receive a buffer data located in ram from UART and then to transmit back on same uart on request all buffer. with DMA support only and interrupts.

First u must configure the timer but don't start it, second configure the dac for DMA requests.

Afther that enable clock surce from SIM for DMA and DMAMUX and set channel source for DMA channel in your case is the timer surce wich will triger the dma.

Afther that you must set address source wichi will be the file start address and destination address wich will be the address of the DAC register, and the corresponding offsets.

THis is my example

https://community.freescale.com/message/105316#105316

0 Kudos

sumy
Contributor I

Hi, I have already maneged an example using DMA transfer the data through UART and its working but when I come to use DAC using DMA,I face difficulty.So please if you hav some more idea abt this then please reply me ASAP.

Thanks

Sumy

0 Kudos