cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable RX pin pull-ups using AsynchroSerial component

Jump to solution
jgirard1
Contributor III

I am working with the HC(S)08 and have integrated the AsynchroSerial component.  I need to enable the pull-up on the RxD pin, so the pin does not float when the component is disabled.

There are no pull-up options for the port pin in the AsynchroSerial properties.

I see some pull-up options for Port E in the CPU component, but this is for unused pins only.

I tried adding a Init_GPIO component and of course this says there is a conflict with the AsynchroSerial component and it won't build.

Without just resorting to writing directly to the port register in the code, what is the correct way to control the pull-up register for the RxD pin?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I am sorry, unforrtunatelly there is no such option available in PEx for HCS08 now. However it should be supported in the future within the planned PinMuxig tool. 

For now as workaround there is the only possibility to handle the pull-up functionality in user code.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I am sorry, unforrtunatelly there is no such option available in PEx for HCS08 now. However it should be supported in the future within the planned PinMuxig tool. 

For now as workaround there is the only possibility to handle the pull-up functionality in user code.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos