Ruth Hendrix

Any commercial products using MC9S12UF32 / Windows drivers?

Discussion created by Ruth Hendrix Employee on Jan 28, 2006
This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:37 pm    

Hi out there.
I'm new to freegeeks and quite new to the S12, so pardon me if the question's been asked to many times...
I'm searching for a commercial product that uses the MC9S12UF32 to use that as a basis for some real geek trials.
You know, designing USB2 ain't easy, so why bother? If there's a Cardready or something alike out there to buy, it'll be shure less than 20€. Can't by a DevKit for that and it's ready and no risk.
There comes the next point, for somethind different to a HID-Device or a MassStorage-Device i'll need a custom driver for the OS, namely Win2K/XP. I did not find Driver-Sources by now as a base to DIY-Drivers. Too blind to see or not available by freescale?
Just these two points and a grat new geek-World of high-speed DIYing would open. OK, i could go for Cypress, too, but i'm so used to take freescale where i can find something useable, won't change that Smile
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:52 am    

I don't know about any evaluation board for HCS12UF32 for that price. However you can get free samples from Freescale web site and wrap your own one. About firmware, Freescale gives some examples for Mass Storage application, starting from that you can modify it to fit your needs. About the driver a easy way to start up could be using "libusb-win32" (http://libusb-win32.sourceforge.net/) same used by Freegeeks for TBDML.

Regards,
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:10 am   

The UF32 was driven from asia-pac so I'm not too sure about end applications.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:40 am    

What do you mean : "The UF32 was driven from asia-pac ..." ?
Does it mean it's not fully valuable Freescale's product ?
Really, UF32' doc is fatal. It looks like not from Freescale.

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:52 pm    

there are also usb<->sci devices, such as ft232bm, that allow up to 3mbps at present

Outcomes