cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MQX3.8 project with CW10.2 and TWRK60

rur
Contributor I

Hi,

I try create a new project in CW10.2, with MQX3.8 and RTCS support. Target is Tower K60N512. I create new workspace, then File -> New -> MQX3.8 Project -> Project Name (SemProj) -> Kinetis Eval Board -> TWRK60N512 -> New Application -> Add RTCS support -> Basic Application -> DHCP -> next -> next -> Open Source Jtag -> finish. When I try to build it, I got 3 errors and 9 warnings. I read, that K60 hasnt enought Ram to create MQX project with RTCS in Ram, so I changed active build configuration in internal flash debug, but still get 1 error and 9 warnings (see attachment). I follow FSL_MQX_getting_started.pdf, but result is still the same.

I also try to complette FSL_MQX_in_CW_10_x.pdf (from MQX3.8/doc/tools directory), and can create PE working set, build, debug and run PE DEMO project. But when I try to throught page 128 (MQX and PE: NEW LDD Driver), I can add AD1:ADC_LDD, configure it (well, there is a bit different conversion time settings, but its no problem to me) and add code as required. But when I try to build project according to presentation, it failed (see second attachement). It seems not know AD1_TresultData (this is first error with ';' expected). Second Error is at line AD1_Init(). Third error I dont know came from, but last two errors will be sort out when I find solution for the first one.

Can anybody help Me? I suppose I make some big mistake with set up project, which lead in this errors, but it isnt obvious to me...thanks..:smileywink:

0 Kudos
8 Replies

petr_uhlir
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi rur,

from the errors in your code it looks like the PE types are not defined in your application.

Can you please post your ProcessorExpert.pe file and main.c file with adc_task?

0 Kudos

rur
Contributor I

Hi r51432

thank You for Your reply, please look at My attached files (I changed ProcessorExpert.pe extension to .txt due to error when I send reply). The paths are:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_3.8\mqx\build\cw10\bsp_twrk60n512_pe\ProcessorExpert.pe

and

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_3.8\demo\pe_demo\main.c

I have to say I only follow instruction from FSL_MQX_in_CW_10.x.pdf. Also, I find some difference, for example I cannot  generate SelectSampleGroup method in component ispector (see SelectSmpleGroup attachement, but it is set to generate code at page 137), or at pages 133 and 134 in this document is set 19,23 uS ADC1 Conversion time, but when I set it 19,23 uS, CW says warning, ADC frequency is bellow 2Mhz limit. At page 134 are some possible settings, but at My window some settings missing (1.0416667, 2, and 4 uS). At page 135 there is different setting- 4 us. So I set 4.1666667 uS (nearest possible value) and ADC clock is the same like mine (5.999 Mhz), but single conversion time- single ended is calculated 5.104 uS for Me and 10.104 uS at the document. Single conversion time- differential is 6.604 for Me, but 11.604 for document. Other settings are the same. I thing its just "cosmetic" differences, but Id like to know what I did wrong.

Thank You for Your help:smileywink:

0 Kudos

rur
Contributor I

upss, I forgott add third attachement- SelectSampleGroup, so here You are :smileywink:

0 Kudos

petr_uhlir
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hallo rur,

in your ADC settings there in no static sample group defined. That is the reason why SelectSampleGroup method cannot be generated. Attached are fixed files.

Regards Petr

0 Kudos

rur
Contributor I

Hi r51432

I copy Your files back into projects and compile it, but no success. Result is still the same. Interesting is, that when I set Show Views, I see ADC Single ended and Differential conversion time like in FLS_MQX_in_CW_10_x.pdf for a few seconds, but then it changes back to previous settings automatically and it is highlighted Yellow. So, I tried to install CW10.2 and MQX3.8 at the another computer and follow FLS_MQX_in_CW_10_x.pdf, but result is the same. I will try it with CW10.1, too because its look like the problem is in CW10.2 (I use beta version, but when I try to update it, it fails with info no update available).

0 Kudos

rur
Contributor I

Anyway, I also checked ProcessorExpert.pe file You sent, and I saw some difference. Did You generate this file from CW, or changed it manually? Because Id like to know, where I made a mistake, and how I can repair it myself for the next time.  Also I checked it after I build project with Your files, and it stays the same, so CW didnt touch the file, thats why I think its CW10.2 problem (Its probably dont respect new settings in .pe file).

0 Kudos

petr_uhlir
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

rur,

I have just modified your original ProcessorExpert.pe file, generated code and compiled it. The only difference is that I have little bit newer version of CW10.2. I will check if there is a difference in ADC component.

0 Kudos

petr_uhlir
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

rur,

try the final version of CW 10.2. It should be released on February 3rd

0 Kudos