Marc Paquette

CodeWarrior 8- & 16-bit tools: Flash programmer problem

Discussion created by Marc Paquette Employee on Jan 27, 2006

To help you find solutions to problems that have already been solved, we have posted this message. It contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message.

AKULKARNI308
Posted: Jun 13, 2005 - 08:18 AM   

i have made a board using MCF5407, 4Mbytes of SDRAM and 2Mbytes of Flash. I have customised the TRD project to suit my board. When I click the option of Flash Programming->Connect.. it connects. But when I try any of the below options like Blank Check, Program Flash, Erase etc I get the following error :
"CFP:Target Blank Check has timed out. Please check target board and connection settings and try again"

this error is for blank check.

No matter what i do in the TRD file I have this error.

Can someone help me on this issue ? 

mw_uahmad
Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 03:47 PM   

Our flash programmer seems to support the following flash configuration: part: am29pl160cb and has 1M x 16 x 1 of flash. Yours is 2mb which could be causing problems. I don't believe we have a configuration for a 2mb flash size. You can alternatively use the CFlasher from the freescale website and see if that works. 

AKULKARNI308
Posted: Jun 22, 2005 - 01:17 AM   

The flash I am using is 1Mx16 bit which is 2mb. Also, I have tried the P&E flash programmer and it works fine. So, basically the hardware is working fine.

The problem is with the configuration of Mwerks programming utility.

The flash I am using is M29W160DB-90N1.

What is the correct procedure to configure it in the source code?
No matter what i do I get the error (as stated in the last email)

Also, whenever I install P&E utility for coldfire my Mwerks IDE does not work .. It gives me some memory error .. i am using Windows 98. Is that a problem ? 

mw_uahmad
Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 06:34 PM   

The flash part you have listed does not seem to be a supported part in both Coldfire 4.x and 5.x. However in 5.x you do have the ability to add a flash device in the Flash programmer's settings. There is not a way to do that in 4.x. If you look in the personality files listings in the Flash programmer panel, your flash part is not listed.

Outcomes