CodeWarrior 8- & 16-bit tools: Problems with CML12DP256B and Code Warrior IDE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior 8- & 16-bit tools: Problems with CML12DP256B and Code Warrior IDE

marc_paquette
Contributor V
To help you find solutions to problems that have already been solved, we have posted this message. It contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message.

Posted: May 27, 2005 - 10:42 AM   

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way to use Codewarrior to interface with Axiom CML12sDP256B is with a BDM cable (probably through P&E micro) and there is no way to use Axioms' serial monitor (Mon12) with the dbugger.
Also the burner generates .s19 files but they are either the wrong format or seem to be mapped to memory that cannot be written to under the mon12 memory map.
Is there any way for me to use codewarrior IDE and the debugger, without a BDM cable, on this peticular board?? I've tried changing around the .prm file, but no luck.
Are there some options in the burner that will allow me to create valid .s19 files that can be downloaded to the board?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

KFERRO

Posted: May 27, 2005 - 07:06 PM   

Hi,

I know the BDM module will definitely work, but I don't know enough about this board to be able to confidently say whether or not the 'monitor' program included on the board will work with CodeWarrior.

The burner only works with whatever information it gets from the compiler/linker, so if you are wanting to place your code in specific regions in memory I suggest reading up on segmentation (via the use of pragmas) in the linker and compiler manuals.

Regards,
Mario

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies