First of all, I'd like to say that I'm a new computer engineer and just started to learn about ARM development, so I'm sorry if these questions are so basic, but I already read the Reference Manual and search the forum and didn't find how to fix it.
Now, my problem:
I am using a Kinetis KwikStik module with a K40 processor and I'm trying to communicate via UART5 with my PC via COM1.
I've made a project based on some IAR examples (pdb_adc_demo). My application is a simple echo: the K40 receive a character and send it back.
I want a baudrate of 115200bps, so I made the following calculation (clk is 48000 khz):
sbr = ((clk*1000)/(115200 * 16));
sbr = 26 (1A)
My config registers are like this:
MCG_C1 = 0x18 (FRDIV=3)
MCG_C2 = 0x2C (EREFS, HGO, RANGE=2)
UART5_BDH = 0x00
UART5_BDL = 0x1A
Then I connected the module and configure the COM1 to use 115200 and it doesn't works. But if I change the COM1 baudrate to 57600 it works like a charm.