TWR-K60N512 kit and 10 Mbps Ethernet

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K60N512 kit and 10 Mbps Ethernet

jes
Contributor I

I had problems with getting the Tower start-up demo to communicate via Ethernet.  It was unresponsive to a ping at its reconfigured IP addresss (192.168.1.40).  I configured all the necessary macros to no avail.  Stepping through code everything appeared to be ok but still nothing.

I recalled that we had a problem with a previous product of ours in which either the IP stack or the Ethernet driver had a bug, I don't recall which, that prevented communications at 10 Mbps.  I was using an old 10 Mbps hub in order to capture network traffic (via Wireshark) which a more sophisticated switch would avoid sending toward the PC hosting the packet analyzer.  I switched out the 10 Mbps hub with a 100 Mbps switch and retried the ping.  The ping was successful.  So it appears the MQX RTCS code may not support 10 Mbps Ethernet or is there perhaps a jumper on the Tower Serial board that needs to be reconfigured or have I missed a macro defining 10 Mbps operation somewhere?

Has anyone else had problems with 10 Mbps operation of Tower or MQX RTCS code?   

JES

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

joevignola
Contributor III

Did you get the TWR-K60N512 kit working with a 10MB connection?

Joe.

0 Kudos

jonny
Contributor I

Hi Joe,

I have a patch for the micrel PHY/K60/MQX which will renegotiate the link to 10 mbps.

Let me know if your still interested and ill send it you.

J

0 Kudos

igor-imx
Contributor IV

Hi Jonathan

Can you please share this patch with me as well?

WE seem to have the same issue

thanks in advance

0 Kudos

jonny
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

sorry I missed you message before, do you still require the patch?

Just to be clear the patch is for MQX.

Drop me an email to jonathan@microwatt.co.uk and I will send it to you.

0 Kudos

anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Try putting a jumper on pins 13-14 of J12 which selects 10Mbps Ethernet. That should make it work then.

See the data sheet for the PHY we have on the TWR-SER for more details: http://www.micrel.com/_PDF/Ethernet/datasheets/ksz8041nl.pdf 

joevignola
Contributor III

I put the jumper on but the device is not detecting the cable being connected.  Is there an additional step needed to get it working with 10MB?

0 Kudos

mich1985
Contributor III

Same problem here...any solution?

Regards,

flo

0 Kudos