READ_PROGRAM-BDM MULTILINK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

READ_PROGRAM-BDM MULTILINK

RChapman
Contributor I

This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Nov 25, 2005, 7:14 a.m.

Hi, I am using the Metrowerks CodeWarrior 3.1 compiler and GT60 (HCS08 Family) controller.

I am using this Emulator:

I am using the USB-HCS08/HCS12 USB-ML-12.

How can I read flash memory? Is it necessary to install any software, or is that sufficient? That device type itself not detecting. Please send me a link to software, if any.

Thanks in advance --

Posted:  Nov 25, 2005, 7:19 a.m.

Hi -- Try to use "Expert mode" under the programming windows.

You will have the 'old' window and you will be able to send command directly to the uC.

Posted: Nov 25, 2005, 7:40 a.m.

How can I get this software? Is it free?

For HCS08, HC12, or HCS12 package, which includes the USB-ML-12 interface, PKGHCS08-USB and PKG12Z_USB are available.

I am not able to find the software you mention....

Posted: Nov 25, 2005, 1:49 p.m.

The software is included with CodeWarrior.

When you have finished your design, you compile and launch the "True-Time Simulator & Real Time Debugger."

In this window, in the 4th menu (PEDebug), you can select Expert Mode. Only in "In circuit / debug Programming" mode, not in "Full chip simulation," of course.

Posted: Nov 25, 2005, 1:57 p.m.

Through that one, we can flash the program, but we cannot read the memory from chip, right?

I need the data -- whatever's on the chip.

Posted: Nov 25, 2005, 2:08 p.m.

If you don't know the old program vectors that are flashed in you uC, you can't read the flash contains... Protection!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Herman
Contributor I
As far as I'm concerned, you can read-out all memory as long as it's not protected, at least using te RAM window. You will probably have to disasseble I think.
regards
Herman
0 Kudos