cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make MQX Repositories Read-Only Public?

Jump to solution
BryGuyH
Contributor IV

I've been looking at updating to MQX 3.8 and the effor will be significant. Has freescale considered making the MQX repositories available for read only access (hopefully though either mercurial or git)?

I think it would really make it easier to update installs if we could pull changes from the freescale repositories and integrate them in a more controled fashion than copy/pasting and crossing our fingers.

Anybody else feel the same? Any other ways you've worked around version upgrades?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi BryGuhH,

Good topic and question.

Freescale is looking at new ways to distribute MQX since the distribution is getting so large.

You have a couple of good ideas.

I'd like to see if others have ideas as well I can pass on to the MQX Development team.

One option we are looking at is having a small installer run on your PC and you pick and choose what you want to download.

I think one issue that must be looked at is the organization of the folder structure.  It is not straightforward to allow a simple "git" of a processor and to have it "git" the RTOS as well.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi BryGuhH,

Good topic and question.

Freescale is looking at new ways to distribute MQX since the distribution is getting so large.

You have a couple of good ideas.

I'd like to see if others have ideas as well I can pass on to the MQX Development team.

One option we are looking at is having a small installer run on your PC and you pick and choose what you want to download.

I think one issue that must be looked at is the organization of the folder structure.  It is not straightforward to allow a simple "git" of a processor and to have it "git" the RTOS as well.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos