No Debug Information? Help Needed.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Debug Information? Help Needed.

RChapman
Contributor I
This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Jan 12, 2006, 12:45 a.m.

i want to simulate my program using the simulator. after i compiled successfully my source code with Codewarrior, and after the s19 is written to the MC9S08RD60, message display that there is no debug information.

what do i need to toggle to have debug info?

thanks so much btw im using P&E USB Multilink and RD60.

Posted: Jan 12, 2006, 5:25 a.m.

An S19 file only contains code, no debug information at all.
If you need debug information, then either load the .abs (which contains Dwarf debug information), or load symbolic information from the elf/.abs file after loading the .s19 file: the file > load application dialog in the debugger allows you to do that (check box to load the symbolics). The other way is the LOAD command in the command line component/window of the debugger:

Code:
LOAD [<applicationName>]|"[<applicationName>]"[CODEONLY|SYMBOLSONLY][NOPROGRESSBAR][NOBPT][NOXPR][NOPRELOADCMD][NOPOSTLOADCMD][VERIFYFIRST|VERIFYALL|VERIFYONLY][VERIFYOPTIONS|SYMBOLSOPTIONS][AUTOERASEANDFLASH][NORUNAFTERLOAD|RUNANDSTOPAFTERLOAD|RUNAFTERLOAD][DELAY]

Best if you check the documentation, but there is a suboption SYMBOLSONLY.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies